Kyoto welcomes new member17/04/2012 Caption hellokcb.or.jp
Kyoto Convention Bureau has welcomed a new member – the Funatsuru Kyoto Kamogawa Resort. As a member, the Funatsuru will contribute their support through involvement in convention events in the Kyoto region.
The Funatsuru is a high class restaurant and inn which dates back to 1870 and has recently been reopened. It offers three main event spaces which can accommodate a variety of events, with a capacity of 24 to 200 guests. The restaurant is located by the Kamo River and overlooks many of Kyoto’s leading temples including the Kiyomizudera Temple and Kodaiji Temple.
James Kent, Kyoto Convention Bureau’s international marketing manager has welcomed the Funatsuru’s membership. He says: “As Kyoto grows in popularity as a business destination it is important we attract new members and venues so we can improve our offering. The Funatsuru is a high class venue with superb facilities and is a welcome addition. Along with other new members and venues, and with further facilities opening in 2012, it makes Kyoto even more attractive to national and international markets.”
In particular the Funatsuru is targeting the meeting industry because:
- It highly flexible and versatile space has been used for company parties, new year parties, networking events, seminars, presentations & product launches, exhibitions, Christmas parties, weddings and sales events.
- It allows events to celebrate the fact that they are in Kyoto through the history and heritage of the building. All rooms have large windows that face the river and the iconic Hihashiyama mountain range that encloses the east border of Kyoto, these give a distinct feeling of the season, a key Japanese aesthetic.
- It is located in the city centre, just minutes from key hotels such as Kyoto Hotel Okura, Hotel Granvia Kyoto, The Westin Miyako Kyoto and Hyatt Regency Kyoto.
The Kyoto Convention Bureau works to promote and support meetings, conferences, incentives and other events in Kyoto, one of Japan’s leading business destinations. It offers a mix of modern facilities and cultural attractions which is unrivalled by other business destinations.
For more information: http://hellokcb.or.jp/
You can also visit pages:
In the same category
- 18/08/2014 Steigenberger Hotel Group continues on its course of international expansion
- 18/08/2014 The 15th AMBERMART International Amber Fair will take place at AmberExpo Exhibition & Conference Centre in Gdansk, August 28th-30th, 2014
- 08/07/2014 Steigenberger serves up culinary delights at the Wagner Festival for the 44th time
Venue Finder Service
5 free quotes within 48h
Running out of time?
Our teams will select the best deals for youSubmit your request
Last 10 articles