|Maximum number of meeting rooms||2|
CINEMATEK is located in the Palace of Beaux-Arts, on the Mont des Arts (near the Central Station, the Park of Brussels and the Royal Palace). The royal Belgian film archive was founded in 1938 by Henri Storck, and Pierre André THIRIFAYS VERMEYLEN. Its first curator (1948 to 1988) is also the founder of the Museum of Cinema in 1962, Jacques Ledoux. From 1989 to 2011, Gabrielle Claes took over as the curator of the royal film archive, which was adopted in 2009 as the new brand of CINEMATEK. The royal film archive is: to establish and maintain a collection of films having an aesthetic, technical and historical permanent interest by gathering as broad documentation as possible, relating to the art of film and ensuring it in purely aesthetic and scientific reasons.
How it works?
Show the establishment