Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) reveals its online marketing strategy and outreach programme targeting MICE markets worldwide. Also, in line with the innovative initiatives was the development of the state-of-the-art website which will be made in five languages to provide useful and update database. The bureau expects to implement seven marketing campaigns focusing both domestic and international MICE markets. In addition, the strategy will highlight the digital platform that enables collaborations between TCEB and private sector to synergize in the digital marketing while joining forces to make Thailand the ideal destination for regional MICE events.
Mr Nopparat Maythaveekulchai, president of Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) or TCEB, disclosed that, "Having realized the importance and potential of online media which can empower Thailand's MICE industry to reach target groups across the region with relevant information and inspirations to select Thailand as the destination for any types of MICE activities, TCEB initiated its online marketing plan for 2014 with intention to enhance Thailand's image and create awareness of Thailand as the premiere destination for MICE among domestic and international markets.
The online marketing strategy will be implemented under 3 key frameworks which include the development of online comprehensive MICE database, the production of digital sales and marketing tools as well as online marketing & public relations activities. Domestic and international marketing promotional campaigns aiming to attract target groups to join activities with the use of social media compose of seven campaigns under a 45 million baht budget. These marketing schemes intend to enhance the image and potential of Thailand as the premiere MICE destination, to create reliability and confidence in Thailand among organisers worldwide, as well as to create buzzes and attract more MICE activities to be held in Thailand.
"Our online marketing plan prioritizes the participation from private sector within MICE industry, including organisers, MICE travellers, foreign business partners and entrepreneurs, to join online marketing activities. The strategy will allow private sector to efficiently reach MICE's target groups, while cost and time saving are also achieved. This will help drive positive outcome will be brought to Thailand's MICE industry as a whole, for which, in turn, will enable Thailand to accomplish long-term goal as the world's leading MICE destination," said Mr Nopparat.
Mr Nopparat also elaborates on TCEB's online marketing that, "To develop useful database for market development, TCEB today launched the www.businesseventsthailand.com website as the centre of complete MICE database that provides update information for worldwide MICE target groups. Currently, the website will be in three languages which are English, Thai and Chinese. However, five more languages, including Japanese, Vietnamese, Indonesia, Korea and Russia, will be added in 2014 soon to support more target groups.
In addition, TCEB also develops sales and marketing material tools which were designed for MICE entrepreneurs to better utilise and create their own sales media, with their preferred formats and contents that meet their own business requirements. The online tools can be downloaded easily, allowing them to use at their convenience, while also helps saving budget and time in producing digital sales kits.
TCEB's online marketing activities include domestic and international marketing support campaigns. International campaigns include 3 campaigns;
1) Spice Up Your Business Agenda: a special privilege campaign, which draw collaboration from TCEB, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Thai Airways International Plc, Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and VISA. The collaboration will pool privileges, various products and services, such as air ticket, airport shuttle, golf, spa, entertainment and internet service, especially for registered MICE travellers joining exhibition fairs in Thailand. These special offers will ensure pleasant experience for MICE travellers, while Thailand will benefits from increasing spending from the longer duration of stay in Thailand. The Spice Up Your Business Agenda campaign will officially kick off in April 2014.
2) Dream Meeting Contest: An online marketing activity on Facebook that was designed to invite MICE travellers worldwide to join online games in order to inspire the holding of MICE activities in Thailand to win special Thailand travel prizes.
3) Itinerary Contest: An itinerary design contest that calls contestants to create pre- or post-trip itinerary in Thailand to introduce attractions and interesting activities for MICE organisers, MICE travellers and general public.
Mr Nopparat further explained that domestic markets will be running under the "MICE in Thailand" campaign with the objective to promote MICE activities in Thailand. TCEB has put in place four domestic campaigns throughout 2014.
1) Thailand MICE Venues Vote Awards 2014: A voting campaign that seeks for the best MICE venue in Thailand.
2) MICE Photo Contest @IG Project: Targeting Instagram users, the campaign calls for submission of photos of favourite MICE activities in Thailand with grand prizes every month.
3) Share and Likes Your MICE Experiences: Targeting institutes, organisations or corporations, this campaign highlights impressive Thailand's MICE activities photos with special prizes.
4) MICE Guru: An online service offered by TCEB that provides update information and clarification on MICE activities in Thailand.
"TCEB is confident that our online marketing plans for 2014 will play an important role in attracting MICE travellers into Thailand to meet with our target at 987,000 travellers, and 96,900 million baht of revenue. Essentially, the effort will help drive the expansion of MICE related business and enables Thailand as the destination for the world's MICE industry in the near future."
See the card of Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau on Bedouk: https://www.bedouk.com/thailand-convention-exhibition-bu,B60070
You can also visit pages: